Tuesday 21 February 2012

{how} to determine your face shape

I don't know about you, but I find it quite difficult to determine face shapes !! Thank goodness I am NOT a hairdresser, who seriously have to consider the shape of a face for the perfect hairstyle for their client !!

I have been researching face shapes and how we are able to determine, easily, our own shape. I have always believed that I have a long face, with a somewhat pointy chin....I definitely know that I don't have a square face (this is probably the most easiest shape to identify) and I don't have a round face (although gaining some weight makes me look round !).
Angelina Jolie has a definite square face shape

So, I have been searching and searching to try and come up with an easy way to find out what shape face I do have ! Lot's of websites say to measure your face, but then don't give you any measurements that you can relate too !! So confusing ! So I found this table which asks you questions about your face....I thought this looked to be quite easy ! You can still take measurements if you wish, this may help with some face shapes such as oblong, oval, heart or diamond.


So, see how you go in determining what your face shape is and let me know if you find this is easy or not !!

Here are some other face shapes on celebrities, which may help you to work out your shape:

Natalie Portman ~ Oval

Kirsten Dunst ~ Round

Reece Witherspoon ~ Heart

Still confused? Don't worry. Just think about what your major gripes have been about how certain haircuts have made your face look. If you get angular quickly, you're probably a square (or a rectangle if your face is long). If you're always fighting to cover your long forehead, you're probably an oval. And if you're always worried about making your cheekbones seem high and not chipmunky, you're probably a heart or round shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment